Love Valentine's at The Pierhouse
As Valentine's Day falls on a Tuesday this year, celebrate Valentine's your way, at a time to suit you. Whether you choose your Valentine's romantic break the weekend before, the weekend after or on Valentine's Day itself, Argyll's most romantic destination awaits you. Tranquil West Coast setting, stunning sea & mountain views, roaring log fires, delicious seafood - what could be more romantic?
An extra special gift
In addition to booking a romantic getaway to The Pierhouse, we can arrange for delivery of special flowers of your choice, handmade chocolates from the Oban Chocolate Company or a bottle of chilled Champagne and two glasses to make this special occasion just that little bit more special!*
The food of love
Head Chef Laura and team have created a very special Valentine's menu. Laura told us "In our Valentine's menu, I have tried to capture the freshest spring flavours and give them an exciting twist. We had dried some of our lovely locally foraged chanterelle mushrooms from last year and are using them with the lobster ravioli starter. The sea trout will be cooked in the sea kale keeping all the delicate flavours and succulence of the fish. Best of all is our take on a Fabergé egg which we've created as a Valentine's dessert. Originally given as a token of love from Tzar Alexander III to his wife the Empress Maria Fedorovna, we are hand crafting and decorating our own chocolate egg with a special message of love inside (truly romantic words only, we promise!)."
Our Valentine's Menu
- Lobster ravioli, pickled local chanterelle mushrooms, oyster foam & black truffle oil
- Grass fed short horn beef udon noodle soup with Naruto maki
- Warm globe artichoke mousse with Jerusalem artichokes & a parmesan dip
- Roast whole sea trout wrapped in sea kale with spring greens & a ginger & cashew soy sauce with fragrant jasmine rice cakes
- Herb crusted loin of lamb with confit cherry vine tomatoes, a rosemary & redcurrant jus, Dauphinoise potatoes & a vegetable terrine
- Seafood Platter to share - local mussels in white wine, garlic & cream sauce, Loch Creran oysters, chilled local Langoustines, cockles, served with dips & crusty bread(addition of chilled lobster from £35 extra)
- Dark chocolate crème brûlée, mango & mint salsa, served with Pierhouse chocolate chip shortbread
- Rose petal poached pear with mojito granita, almond crumb and whole chocolate Fabergé egg surprise
- Selection of Scottish cheeses served with Pierhouse chutney, celery, grapes and biscuits
- Cafetiere of coffee and chocolates
Our Valentine's Menu, £35 per person, is available in our Seafood Restaurant for lunch and dinner on 10-12 February, 14 February and 17-19 February. Non-residents please contact Reservations to book a table - call 01631 730302 or email Caroline on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember, to get the best price guaranteed, book direct with us online or by phone or email.
*If you would like us to order flowers, posies and chocolates for you or arrange for a special bottle of Champagne or wine, please just get in touch with Caroline in Reservations by phone or email. To ensure a timely delivery, we require at least 3 working days notice.
Click the images above to see larger version