Sources of information to help you make the most of your visit to Scotland's west coast.
- The Seafood Trail
- Alastair Sawday’s Special Places to Stay: British Hotels
- Oban and Lorn Tourism Association
- Visit Scotland
- Undiscovered Scotland
- Visit the Highlands
- Visit Fort William
- Welcome to Scotland
- Argyll and the Isles Best Places to Visit online guide
Companies who specialise in arranging tours to Argyll and the Islands.
- McKinlay Kidd - specialists in custom made holidays in Scotland
- Secret Scotland - tours and itineraries to Scotland's secret places
- Protour Schottland.de - German guide to Scotland's finest destinations
Places to go
A few suggestions for things to do - visit our Local Attractions section for more ideas.
- Isle of Lismore - visit Lismore by passenger ferry from the pier outside the hotel
- Castle Stalker View Cafe - cafe and gift shop with views of Castle Stalker
- Kinlochlaich Gardens, Appin - extensive garden centre and gardens open to the public
- Druimneil House Gardens, Port Appin - stunning gardens open to the public overlooking Airds Bay
- Port Appin Studio - local artists Alex and Midge Gourlay's studio just behind the hotel (by appointment)
- Appin Community Co-operative Stores - for papers, magazines, Post Office, picnics & snacks
- Appin Boat Tours - wildlife, scenery and history tours by boat from Port Appin
- Coastal Connections - scenic boat tours from Oban plus private charter
- Seafari - wildlife tours in fast boats from Seil to Corryvrechan
- Sea Life Adventures - wildlife watching boat trips from Seil
- Wildshot - Wildlife Photography and Videography on Mull
- Glencoe Clay Shooting - in North Ballachulish on the shores of Loch Leven
- Rockhopper Scotland - mobile guided sea kayak trips
- Oban Sea Kayak Guides - sea kayak trips and learn-to-kayak sessions with local guide
- Sea Kayak Oban - guided sea kayak trips and taster sessions from Oban Bay.
Recommended children's outdoor clothing provider
- Raindrops Scandinavia Ltd - high quality children's waterproofs from Scandinavia
Food producer organisations
Organisations promoting all that is best in fresh local produce
Some useful transport related websites to help you reach Port Appin.
- Caledonian MacBrayne 'Calmac' Ferry Services for the Western Isles
- The Train Line National Rail Enquiries
- Scot Rail - Scottish Train Information
- Hertz National Car Hire
- Avis National Car Hire
- Oban Car Hire
- Citylink coach services
Self-catering accommodation in the area.